Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Horror



Today, SI.com writer Andy Staples told me sports most dangerous job: being a college football coach.

Jesus.

Give me a freaking break, Andy.
Dangerous? No. Stressful. Sure. More dangerous and stressful than being a sportswriter? (And having been one myself) I'll say there are parking lot security guards who have more stress in their lives than some sports writers.

If it's so dangerous how come two 80-YEAR OLDS WERE COACHING MAJOR PROGRAMS LAST YEAR? Octogenarians typically do not hold dangerous jobs.

Are coaches expected to win games and recruit well each and every year? Yes. That's the deal. And they all know it and at the highest levels they're extremely well-compensated for it.

Man, I hate the offseason when we've got to make up story ideas for something to do.

No comments: