Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Insensitive or too PC?

So who at Third Tier University decided this program cover was acceptable? Maybe they had a good reason, but neither 'Eye nor 'Eer would have signed off on it.

Seriously, is that Mike Leach with some mascots chasing a frightened Native American riding a horse? I guess if you play the North Dakota Fighting Sioux it's OK. I'd love to see that program cover when TTU plays Grambling.

We are not the only bloggers/reporters who find this depiction of Native Americans to be insensitive. There are others who think it is much ado about nothing.

So are we being too politically correct with this one? Leave a comment and let us know.

1 comment:

B.Lane said...

Yeah, I think it's pretty bad... but then again, this is Texas... not exactly known for racial inclusion and sensitivity, so I guess I'm not surprised.