Monday, September 14, 2009

It could get ugly in The Swamp

Remember this quote?

"I'm really looking forward to embracing some of the great traditions at the University of Tennessee, for instance the Vol Walk, running through the T, singing Rocky Top all night long after we beat Florida next year," Lane Kiffin said back on Dec. 1, 2008. "It will be a blast.

The Florida Gators remember. I've recently spoken to a few UF fans (even a few who will be in attendance and will probably be wearing the mandated blue clothing) and I get the feeling beating Kiffin and the Vols won't be enough. They want to humiliate Kiffin in The Swamp on Saturday. Something tells me Urban Meyer isn't worried about playing back-ups this week.

Let's not forget that Kiffin has had some other lapses in judgment since taking over in Knoxville.

Tim Tebow has been quoted as saying he has his coach's back, while others have said Kiffin's remarks are certainly being used for motivation. I love what OL James Wilson said of Kiffin. "It's all over our locker room," he said. "That's something you don't forget. We just look at it like it's another thing to back up and just prove him wrong. I thought he was a nice guy, but I don't know what he was thinking when he said all that. It kind of hit a nerve."

Is it possible to be this excited about a game you know will be a blow out?

No comments: