Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Houston WR suing Marshall

I called this one as I was watching the game. It appears University of Houston receiver Patrick Edwards is going to sue Marshall University because of a broken leg he incurred in the second half of a game last year in Huntington, W.Va.

Edwards, who was having a great season for the Cougars, crashed full-speed into a metal cart for band equipment that was stationed behind the end zone. He had surgery in Huntington and Herd players and MU officials visited Edwards at the hospital the next day.

He is still expected to make a full recovery, but I knew that night he had a good legal case and it appears he has decided to cash in. If you have not seen what happened that night in October here is the video (but I warn you that it is graphic).

2 comments:

A. Nonnymuss said...

As a former band member, I would just like it noted that I didn't sue anyone when I tripped over that pylon. Football players are pansies.

'Eer said...

I've heard many of your band stories. I can't believe you neglected to tell me about the horrible pylon injury. May explain many of your foot problems today.