Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Clarett blogs from prison ... Buckeye Nation sighs

It would be easy to talk about his wasted talent, or how and where Maurice Clarett's life went astray. But when I read the latest about Clarett at ESPN.com, my first reaction was "good for him."

It seems Clarett, who struggled to pass a class at Ohio State, is now blogging from prison. Here is an excerpt from a recent entry at The Mind of Maurice Clarett:

"There’s no need to talk to a reporter these days. I am my own newspaper. I am my own editor. I am my own censor. I am able to put things into the proper context. I am able to control the content and I am educated enough to accurately express myself. I am able to distinguish to people in a unique fashion that football is just something that I do. Football is not Maurice Clarett."

The blog is interesting. There are glimpses of man on the inside reaching out. But this blog seems too organized. Too methodical. Too intelligent. I'm struggling to believe it is really him. If it is ... fine. It does prove one simple fact: you don't have to be a former sports editor or, OK, another former sports editor, to maintain an interesting blog.

The son of a bitch probably gets more traffic than we do also. Damn you Mo.

2 comments:

A. Nonnymuss said...

that picture is just mean. How come you get an updated photo and I get my senior picture?

and i know he gets more traffic. This blog has been making the OSU message board rounds for awhile.

You'll excuse me if I remain skeptical of Maurice's sincerity.

'Eer said...

Sorry. That was all I could find. I'm skeptical also. Hey, why isn't our blog making the rounds?