Sunday, June 14, 2009

$5 tickets a winner for me

Here are my Sept. 5 college football options: Liberty at West Virginia, Navy at Ohio State and UConn at Ohio U.

Going to see the Mountaineers is always a good option, but I'm passing on this one. I'd actually like to see the Buckeyes' defense get challenged by the Midshipmen offense (who scheduled this game with USC coming to Columbus the following week?). However, I'm not forking over the $85 for a ticket.

So I'm going to Athens, Ohio, to watch the Huskies face the Bobcats in a rare BCS conference school traveling to a Mid-American Conference campus. This game appealed to me well before I found out Ohio was selling $5 tickets for the game. So my wife, who is an Ohio University alum, and I will be on hand for the 7 p.m. kickoff.

Should be interesting to see Frank Solich in action as the OU coach, and the Bobcats should be much better after a disappointing 4-8 last season. The Huskies could have their hands full, and at $5 a ticket it should be a pretty nice crowd.

I guess I only have 82 more days until kickoff.

No comments: