Sunday, December 6, 2009

Charlie Weis - just as classy as you thought he was



So much for Charlie Weis leaving college football without burning a few bridges - or rather blowing them sky high. In an interview with some local homers Charlie handpicked on his way out of town, Weis just happened to drop this bombshell about USC coach Pete Carroll:

"Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news.

"He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it OK for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."


This, shockingly, did not make Pete "Tiger" Carroll happy at all.

Weis, of course, backtracked a day later, claiming he was making a general point about untrue internet rumors. Ya huh, Chuck. Or maybe you're just piling on poor 9-3 Petey.

Either way, that's ugly, Chuck.
And secondly, the reason nobody reports that about you Chuck, is no grad student would put up with you. You're 6-6 at Notre Dame.

No comments: