Sunday, October 19, 2008

Is it just me?


I'm supposed to care that the first BCS rankings came out today. I looked at them and for some reason ... nothing. No excitement. No rage. They are what they are. It's too early to get fired up over who is No. 1 and who I think should be No. 1. Actually, the rankings are about what I expect.

I could argue that some of the undefeated teams should be ranked higher, but that will work itself out over the next five weeks or so.

Another reason I don't spend Sunday waiting for these rankings to come out is because I like the current system. The people who are can't wait to see are doing so to complain. I like the BCS system. I'm not a playoff believer.

I like that we talked about Georgia and USC all offseason and really wondered if LSU was the best team last year. Maybe I'm in the minority, but this system works for me.

Here are the first BCS rankings of 2008.

No comments: