Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stay classy Penn State

I have never forgotten what a Penn State student said to me when I was an undergraduate at WVU. She was visiting friends in Morgantown and she looked right at me and said, "When I graduate I'll get a good job because of my Penn State degree. A degree from WVU doesn't impress anyone."

Maybe. But today, Penn State's undergraduates don't look too impressive following an evening of property damage around State College. This followed a nice come-from-behind 13-6 victory at Ohio State last night.

The Centre Daily Times said in this morning's newspaper that, "A celebration of Penn State’s 13-6 win over Ohio State on Saturday turned destructive as people pulled down light poles and street signs, climbed atop cars and tossed objects off balconies in downtown State College."

I know all about burning couches at WVU. I'm not ignoring that fact. All I'm saying is there's not much of a difference between the two universities (I bet I had a hell of a lot better time in my four years, though).

No comments: