Sunday, October 5, 2008

Revenge of the Nerds


Special Report

Retired Coach Rick
ACC Correspondent

Vandy is 5-0 for the first time since 1943. I was born in 1944. Heck, they didn't wear facemasks at that time. The Commodores are 3-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1950. I loved it when ESPN's Lee Corso picked Auburn. The sure sign of wrong.

One sign in the crowd during Game Day said, "#1 in SAT every year. #1 in the SEC 2008!" I loved it. Another one was, "Move no one can see the library." I thought that was cool.

USC made a nice comeback. I hope no one was thinking they might not. Oklahoma and Texas is the first Game of the Century this year. Should be a wild and crazy game. Florida and LSU is another good match-up.

Wisconsin had the chance of a lifetime the last two weeks. Not much to show for it. Illinois is teaching a lot of teams in the Fat Ten about speed. Is Florida still playing with any of Zook's recruits? I don't think so.

I hope no one thinks Penn State is that good. If they were to get in the BCS championship game it would be a disaster. The officials might take care of Papa Joe giving them a chance. Penn State and Wisconsin is the big match-up this week. Depends on who the officials are. Watch the calls closely in this game.

No comments: