Monday, November 17, 2008

Is this really better?

West Virginia University in Huntington (also known as Marshall University) decided to invest $9,000 in a new-look Thundering Herd mascot to replace the old Marco.

What a waste of money.

The 1980s Run DMC pants is not a great fashion statement. It wasn't that great of a decision two decades ago either. All that's missing are the Adidas sneakers.

According to the Huntington Herald Dispatch, this is the first alteration to Marco in 20 years. And it seems I'm not the only one who thinks this is not an upgrade.

In the same article, Marshall fan Jack Bybee said he wasn't quite as sold on the new look. "It's going to take awhile to get used to," he said as he wondered aloud about Marco's "pants."

Apparently there is a second look that has yet to be unveiled. God, it can't be worse. Or can it? It is Marshall, I'd bet it is worse.

2 comments:

A. Nonnymuss said...

Blogging about Marshall? Really? I mean, I was okay with blogging about Mount Union, but Marshall?

'Eer said...

I know. Mount is better than Marshall. But look at that lame excuse of a mascot. I think the next incarnation will have MC Hammer pants and a jeri-curl.