Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fulmer Cup predictions

Since we began this blog five months ago, 'Eye and I have gone to a new level of fanaticism in keeping up with the latest in college football. With the season complete I find new things to follow. I'm sure 'Eye was familiar with the Fulmer Cup, but it's new to me. It was created by the very popular and legendary college football blog Every Day Should Be Saturday.

To my surprise, WVU is the pre-offseason favorite to win this year's Fulmer Cup. Not really something to be proud of. This post by Miami Hawk Talk breaks down the potential Top 10 candidates in a real, and humorous manner. Have to admit, even I found it funny as they ripped the Mountaineers. 'Eye will be glad to know that Ohio State didn't land on the list, but The Big Ten has an impressive three teams in the running, including Michigan at No. 10.

So far, the Troy Trojans are in the lead for 2009.

2 comments:

A. Nonnymuss said...

I dont' know. OSU was a tad bit better when there were more arrests. Can we make a wins-per-season/arrest ratio argument?

eer1 said...

Guess we could come up with our own system. Call it the Cooper Trophy?