Thursday, January 8, 2009

Help me out ...

With the BCS title game just hours away, I still don't know whether to cheer for Florida or Oklahoma. Neither team is very appealing to me.

Bob Stoops is a horrible big-game coach, so maybe I'd like to see him change his fortunes (not really). Urban Meyer is pretty arrogant for someone who gets to coach and recruit one of nation's hotbeds for college players. It's easy to be cocky when you get to pick and choose the best players in the country and not work that hard.

Sam Bradford is just plain. He simple looking and his game is one dimensional. Sit in the pocket, hope for no pressure and pick apart a defense. Get pressure on him and he looks like Marcus Outzen. Tim Tebow .... OK, I know all of the great things about Tebow. He loves his family. He loves his country. He loves God. He's the perfect man. I'm just tired of Tebow.

Oklahoma has a huge offensive line and they mowed down opponents all season. Florida has crazy speed and no one can keep up with them.

So on and so.

I just don't know who to root for. So I'm open to pitches from our fans. Tell me who I should pull for tonight.

4 comments:

A. Nonnymuss said...

I think I'll root for 'Homa. Just to mix it up a little.

this, of course, guarantees a Florida win.

Z said...

Florida has better looking chicks . . . Go Gators!

MountainLaurel said...

I pulled for OU b/c we beat them last year in the Fiesta Bowl. Not that it makes a difference, really, but it's a basis.

'Eer said...

I kind of agree with MountainLaurel's opinion. I was kind of pulling for OU in this one. WVU connection and to see Tebow lose.