Sunday, November 23, 2008

The most fun...

I have ever had at an Ohio State-Michigan game came on Nov. 22, 2008. Sorry for the delay on posting as I've been in recovery mode for about 24 hours now.

For me, OSU-Michigan games are usually nervewracking affairs. Yesterday's second-half laugher was downright fun. A 42-7 final seemed like it should have been even worse. (Should have been 44-7, no way was that NOT a safety.)

I wasn't surprised at the outcome as I didn't think UM could score enough points, especially with walk-on Nick Sheridan forced in at quarterback. But I was surprised that except for UM's defensive line, the Buckeyes were FAR more physical. Usually, this is a game filled with big hits both ways, but it was the Buckeyes that handed out the beating Saturday.

I don't know if it was youth, a lack of understanding of how this rivalry is played or just a team that was ready for the offseason to start a couple hours earlier. Seemed to be a combination.

Patience with Rich Rodriquez is running thin in Ann Arbor already, not just because the Wolverines are losing, but HOW they're losing. It's ugly. Real ugly.



By the way, strictly from a fan perspective, the most enjoyable line from yesterday's game was last in the third quarter as Rich Rodriguez debated going for it on a fourth down when my cohort in the stands yelled "Punt that sh$t, Ricky! Punt it!"

He did.
hehehehe.

1 comment:

'Eer said...

Been waiting to hear how much you enjoyed this one. Was a little worried about you at halftime, but the second half onslaught probably had you and Jim flying high. Hell, you're still giddy like a sixth grade girl. Enjoy it. Too bad Michigan State couldn't do its part for you.

As scary as this sounds, I was rooting hard for OSU yesterday.